Last modified: 17 June 2022
- You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
What is Personal Data
- “Personal Data” is data, whether true or not, about you or any individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organization has or is likely to have access. This includes your name, identification number, contact information, credit card information, or photograph.
- Not all information we collect, use, disclose, or process constitutes Personal Data.
What information do we collect
- The information we collect from you includes:
- Identity data such as your name, gender, profile picture, or date of birth;
- Contact data such as your home, billing or delivery addresses, contact number, or email address;
- Payment data such as your credit card information, bank account information, or other payment details;
- Transaction data comprising information about your transactions or correspondence with us;
- Usage data such as details of your visit to our Website, your activities on our Website, resources which you access, or your interactions with other users;
- Content data such as content (as defined in our terms) that you publish, and metadata of such content (such as locations, creation date etc.)
- Profile data such as your login names and passwords, or your user preferences;
- Device data such as your device information, advertising identifiers, internet protocol address, operating system, or browser type;
- Location data comprising data about your location when accessing our Website;
- Technical data such as error logs and reports about your use of the Website.
How do we collect information
- We collect information in the ways set out below. We may combine collected information with other information we possess.
- Information you voluntarily provide. We receive and store information which you enter into our Website or provide to us in any other way. For example, you may provide information to us when you:
- fill up user profiles, registration forms, or register a user account;
- contact or communicate with us;
- interact with our social media pages;
- participate in contests or events organized by us;
- fill up surveys; or
- provide comments, feedback, or ratings.
- If you choose not to provide certain information when requested, you may not be able to take full advantage of our services or features.
- Information we automatically collect. We receive and store information through normal operation of our Website and services when you interact with us. For example, information is collected automatically:
- when you transact with us or make purchases;
- when you interact with our Website; or
- when you access our Website by our software tools including cookies, web beacons, scripts, or code. Please see the section “Cookies and similar technology” below for more information.
- Information from other sources. We may receive Personal Data from other sources. Where Personal Data is transferred to us, we endeavor to ensure that the transfer is in accordance with applicable laws. Examples of how we may receive information from other sources include:
- referral programs;
- our business partners;
- insurance and financial providers;
- publicly available data;
- marketing services providers; or
- data provided by other users, including yourself.
What do we use collected information for
- Personal Data collected from you may be collected, used, or disclosed for any of the purposes stated below.
- For our business operations, including:
- facilitating or processing your transactions with us;
- processing payment for your orders;
- delivering products you purchase from us;
- communicating with you regarding your use of our Website or our services;
- processing, administering, managing, or contacting you on matters relating to your membership with us or our affiliates (in particular, the WT+ membership programme operated by Wing Tai Clothing Pte Ltd);
- carrying out your instructions;
- responding to any enquiries or requests by you;
- customizing your experience with us, identifying your preferences, recommending features, products, or services; or
- improving our Website or services.
- To improve our services, including:
- conducting customer satisfaction surveys and collecting feedback from you;
- conducting research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our services or develop new features or products.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including:
- processing and sending to you marketing, advertising, and promotional information on our products, events, launches, promotions, by us or our business or brand partners, via postal or electronic mail;
- where you consent, processing and sending to you marketing, advertising, and promotional information on our products, events, launches, or promotions, of us or our business or brand partners, via voice or phone call, SMS, or fax;
- targeting or retargeting you with advertisements, or serving you customized advertisements across other websites, applications, or social media sites which you visit; or
- administering or enrolling you in lucky draws, contests, or other similar promotions.
- For safety and security purposes, including:
- storing, hosting and/or keeping a back-up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your Personal Data, whether within or outside Singapore;
- performing credit risk, know-your-customer, anti-money laundering / countering the financing of terrorism, financial and other relevant risk assessments;
- performing identification checks on you such as verifying your identity or age;
- protecting the rights, property, or safety or any person, including for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention; or
- preventing or investigating any fraud, unlawful activity, omission or misconduct, whether relating to your use of our website or any other matter arising from your relationship with us, and whether or not there is any suspicion of the above.
- For general business or legal purposes including:
- investigating and resolving claims and disputes;
- internal and statutory reporting or record keeping;
- responding to requests for information from public, governmental, or regulatory authorities;
- for audit, compliance, investigation and inspection purposes;
- complying with any applicable law, regulatory, legal process, or government request;
- enforcing or applying our Website terms and conditions, or protecting our rights or property;
- responding to legal process, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation, or managing any complaints or claims;
- in connection with business transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of company assets, consolidation, restructuring, financing, business asset transactions, or acquisition of our business.
- any other purposes permitted by law; and
- any other purposes which we specifically seek your consent, which you may withdraw at any time.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- We may disclose your Personal Data in furtherance of the above purposes, or where permitted by applicable law.
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to the following third parties:
- Our affiliates, related corporations, and/or agents;
Third party service providers whom we engage to perform business operations or provide services to you on our behalf. Examples of our third party service providers include:
- providers of equipment and services relating to IT equipment used to store and access information which we collect;
- service providers to host and maintain our Website;
- logistics service providers;
- e-commerce service providers;
- payment processing service providers;
- cloud storage service providers;
- customer service providers;
- data analysis service providers;
- marketing service providers;
- research partners;
- advertising partners;
- business consultants.
- our auditors and legal advisors;
- public, governmental, or regulatory authorities; or
- courts and other alternative dispute forums.
- We may provide third parties (whether or not located in your country of residence) information about our Website's users, for system administration or to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This may include information about your computer, your IP address, operating system, and browser type. Aggregate information is anonymised statistical data about our user's browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Cookies and similar technology
Contacting us regarding your Personal Data
- If you, at any time, have any complaints or grievances about your personal data, any suspicion that your privacy has been breached, queries on this policy or any other queries in relation to how we may manage, protect and/or process your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) at:
- Singapore telephone number: +65 62809111
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer’.
- Office address: 3 Killiney Rd, #10-01 Winsland House I, Singapore 239519. Attention it to the ‘Data Protection Officer’
- Please indicate in the subject header that it is a data protection issue so that we can attend to your complaint speedily by passing it on to the relevant staff.
Access or correction of your Personal Data
- You may update certain information about yourself on pages on our Website such as the profile page.
- You may request to access and/or correct your Personal Data currently in our possession or control by submitting a written request to us at the contact details above. The following terms apply:
- all requests are subject to applicable law;
- we will need enough information from you to ascertain your identity and the nature of your request before we can deal with your request;
- we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the handling and processing of your requests to access or correct your Personal Data. We will provide you with a written estimate of the fees and reserve the right not to respond with your request until you have agreed to pay the fee; and
- where Personal Data is corrected, we may, at our discretion, send the corrected Personal Data to any organisations which your Personal Data was disclosed by us within a year before the date the correction was made, unless the corrected Personal Data is not needed for legal or business purposes. Please let us know if you prefer to only send the corrected personal data to specific organisations.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing related communications from us, you may unsubscribe from our newsletter using the unsubscribe links included or changing your preferences in the profile page of our Website.
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Data in our possession or control by submitting a request to our DPO. We will process your request within a reasonable time.
- You acknowledge that by withdrawing your consent, you may not be able to access services that are provided on our Website.
- Any changes to your consent or subscriptions may take up to 1 working day to take effect.
Administration and management of Personal Data
- You will only provide accurate data to us and must update us of any changes in your Personal Data that you had initially provided to us with. We will not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data arising from your failure to update us of any changes in your Personal Data.
- You should be aware that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure. We cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
- You should safeguard your device, user account, and password to your user account against any unauthorized access. If any of these are compromised, you may lose control of your Personal Data in our possession. If you believe any of the above are compromised, you should contact us immediately and change your password. You are reminded to log out of your account at the end of each browsing session.
- We may, at any time, or if required by law, destroy and/or anonymize Personal Data in our possession.
Links to other websites
- Our Website may contain links to other websites and resources operated by third parties or our affiliates. These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of and the information contained in those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites or resources.